Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2020

9 Cook/ Bernard and Frieda third child

Two weeks after the 1925 Iowa State Census, Helen Jean Cook was born.  This is the only young photo I have of Jean.  She is in the center with her two older brothers on either side.

Richard Paul, Helen Jean and William Raymond1
Helen Jean was born at Eleanor Moore County Hospital on January 16, 1925. Her father Bernard was 29, her mother Frieda was 26.  The family lived at 1303 Marshall Street, in Boone, Iowa.  I am guessing this photo was outside their house.  She was born at 2:16 p.m.

I wasn't sure about posting their birth certificates online, but I realized they are readily available to anyone who has access to a computer so here are the birth certificates for all three children.


Richard Paul Cook Iowa birth record2

William Raymond Cook Iowa birth record3

Helen Jean Cook Iowa birth record4
The next item I have is a couple of newspaper articles from Belle Plaine.  It looks like Dick, Bill and Jean were well seasoned travelers with their mom and dad.

page 5, The Belle Plaine Union,
July 30,19255

page 5 The Belle Plaine Union
February 18, 19266

Happy Discoveries to you from one Ancestral Explorer to another,
Janet

Sources:
1Family Photo album

2'Richard Paul Cook' Iowa Benton County Birth Records; birth Certificates, Benton County, reel BC-6-2, Jul 21-Dec 
         1927.

3'William Raymond Cook' Iowa Boone County Birth Records; Birth Certificates, Boone County, reel BC-8-2, Jul 1921- 
         Dec 1925.

4 'Helen Jean Cook' Iowa Boone County Birth Records; Birth Certificates, Boone County, reel BC-8-2, Jul 1921-Dec 1925.

5'The Belle Plaine Union' published Belle Plaine, Iowa; Digital Archives of Belle Plaine Community Library 
         page 5, July 30, 1925.

6.  'The Belle Plaine Union' published Belle Plaine, Iowa; Digital Archives of Belle Plaine Community Library 
         page 5, February 18, 1926.

No comments:

Post a Comment